Calendar for Student Action
(M.S. to Ph.D.) and (B.S. to Ph.D.)
Schedule Oral Comprehensive Examination
- Should be scheduled as soon as possible, preferably by the end of the 2nd year of graduate program.
- Student must be registered for the semester the Comprehensive Exam is taken.
- Notify Cathy Krause at least 3 weeks prior to proposed exam date.
- Notify committee at least 3 weeks prior to test date.
- Submit Comprehensive Exam research paper to doctoral committee and a copy to Sue Ellen Bainbridge, two weeks prior to proposed exam date.
- Notify Laurinda Benner upon successful completion of Comprehensive Examination. Note: Students will receive slightly larger stipends after successfully completing the Comprehensive Exam.
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.00 in course work to schedule exam.
- No missing or deferred grades can appear on a student's transcript when the oral comprehensive is scheduled.
updated on 04/30/13