Skip Navigation
Leaving the Department of Chemical Engineering
  1. Leaving the department page
  2. Transfer/Seperation Checklist.pdf
    Hosted on the chemical engineerin Box account.

Master of Science in Chemical Engineering

Progressing From the M.S. to the Ph.D Program

Eligibility for Admission into the Ph.D. Program:

Students desiring admission into the Ph.D. program must obtain a course grade point average of 3.33 or above, based on the credits earned in the Ph.D. core courses: CHE 524, CH E 535, CH E 544.

Students who receive their M.S. degrees from other institutions will be evaluated by the Graduate Admissions Committee, for their eligibility to be admitted into our doctoral program.

To be admitted as a candidate for the Ph.D. degree by the Graduate School, the student must pass the Ph.D. Candidacy Exam. The minimum 3.33 grade point requirement must be achieved before scheduling the Candidacy Exam.

Updated on 07/22/14

Top of page