Skip Navigation
Leaving the Department of Chemical Engineering
  1. Leaving the department page
  2. Transfer/Seperation Checklist.pdf
    Hosted on the chemical engineerin Box account.

Minor In Chemical Engineering

A minor in Chemical Engineering is available to both M.S. and Ph.D. candidates who are enrolled in related fields of study.

Requirement For the M. S. Minor

1. Nine (9) credits of course work bearing a Ch E designation as follows:

  1. 3 credits in 500-level thermodynamics courses
    524 - Chemical Engineering, Application of Thermodynamics
    528 - Colloidal Forces and Thermodynamics
    597 - Polymer Thermodynamics

  2. 3 credits in 500-level reaction engineering courses
    535 - Chemical Reaction Engineering
    536 - Heterogeneous Catalysis

  3. 3 credits in 500-level transport courses
    501 - Bioengineering Transport Phenomena
    503 - Fluid Mechanics of Bioengineering Systems
    544 - General Transport Phenomena
    545 - Transport Phenomena I
    546 - Transport Phenomena II

    Independent study courses (Ch E 496 and Ch E 596) and laboratory courses are not allowed.

All of these 9 credits must be passed with a grade of B or better.

2. The Chair of the Graduate Program will have the responsibility of approving the specific courses that the student selects to fulfill the requirements of the minor.

Updated on 07/24/14

Top of page