Skip Navigation
Leaving the Department of Chemical Engineering
  1. Leaving the department page
  2. Transfer/Seperation Checklist.pdf
    Hosted on the chemical engineerin Box account.

Minor In Chemical Engineering

A minor in Chemical Engineering is available to both M.S. and Ph.D. candidates who are enrolled in related fields of study.

Requirement For the Ph.D. Minor

1. Fifteen (15) credits of course work bearing a Ch E designation as follows:

  1. 3 credits in 500-level thermodynamics course
    524 - Chemical Engineering, Application of Thermodynamics
    528 - Colloidal Forces and Thermodynamics
    597 - Polymer Thermodynamics

  2. 3 credits in 500-level reaction engineering course
    535 - Chemical Reaction Engineering
    536 - Heterogeneous Catalysis

  3. 3 credits in 500-level transport course
    501 - Bioengineering Transport Phenomena
    503 - Fluid Mechanics of Bioengineering Systems
    544 - General Transport Phenomena
    545 - Transport Phenomena I
    546 - Transport Phenomena II

  4. 6 credits of additional 400-level or 500-level courses.
    Independent study courses (Ch E 496 and Ch E 596) and laboratory courses are not allowed.

All of these 15 credits must be passed with a grade of B or better.

2. A member of the Graduate Faculty of the Department of Chemical Engineering is required to be a member of the student's doctoral committee. This faculty member will have the responsibility of approving the specific courses that the student selects to fulfill the requirements of the minor.

Updated on 07/24/14

Top of page