Skip Navigation
Leaving the Department of Chemical Engineering
  1. Leaving the department page
  2. Transfer/Seperation Checklist.pdf
    Hosted on the chemical engineerin Box account.

Information on Registration and Tuition


Approximately 2-3 months before the beginning of a semester, the University publishes the Semester Schedule of Classes. It is available on-line at It will provide all registration instructions and a worksheet to help with the registration process. Students are encouraged to advance register to avoid any late fees.

This process will generate a semester tuition bill (see below). All courses must be approved by the student’s thesis advisor (or by the Graduate Program Coordinator during the first semester).

Late Registration:

All graduate students who register late will be responsible for payment of all late fees incurred.

Tuition Bill: "Who must file?"

Graduate Assistants or Fellowship/Traineeship students must file their electronic bill EVEN IF YOU OWE NO MONEY. Line 6(A) is an example of the deduction for a Graduate Assistantship. This can be filed on-line through e-Lion or the bill must be returned to the Bursar's Office to complete your registration.

If it is not returned and processed by the Bursar's Office your name will be removed from the class roster, and the class space will be made available to other students.

Department Obligation

As a Graduate Assistant, your first commitment is to the Chemical Engineering Department. If you are going to be employed by any other department, project, or program you must inform your advisor and Laurinda Benner (Administrative Manager in Chemical Engineering) before you are appointed. Failure to comply with this procedure could result in the termination of your Graduate Assistantship.

Updated on 07/22/14

Top of page