Our department houses individual research laboratories with capabilities in
- bioreactor design and scale up
- catalysis and surface science
- polymer synthesis and characterization
- fermentation and protein engineering
- colloidal assembly
- and bioseparations
Penn State has extensive world-class facilities for research in the life sciences, materials, and computation.
Research in the life sciences is supported by outstanding programs throughout Penn State
- The Huck Institute for the Life Sciences
- The Hershey Medical Center
Research in materials is supported by state-of-the art Materials Research Institute facilities
and one of the foremost Nanofabrication laboratories in the world.
- Computational research is supported by the Penn State High Performance Computing Center