The Chemical Engineering Machine Shop is located in 49 Fenske Laboratory. For questions or more information please contact shop supervisor, Chris Jabco.
Machine Shop Hours:
Monday - 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday - 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday - 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Friday - 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Project Construction Requirements
- Clear description of the project is needed with a detailed print. The print must be dimensioned, preferably in inches.
- All prints are to be drawn on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of white paper.
- All projects need to have an advisor's signature on the print.
Shop Safety and Usage
- Safety glasses are to be worn at all times while in the shop
- Any tools removed from the shop must be approved by shop personnel. They must be signed out; there is a sign out sheet in the main shop.
- Any items purchased thru the shop i.e. tubing, swage fittings; will be charged to the appropriate budget.
- After hours or weekend use of the shop is prohibited
Projects are constructed in the order they enter the shop. Preference is given to the ChE 480 undergraduate lab.