The Chemical Engineering Machine Shop is located in 49 Fenske Laboratory. For questions or more information please contact the shop supervisor, Chris Jabco, at email@example.com.
Machine Shop Hours:
- Monday: 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Friday: 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Project Construction Requirements
- Clear description of the project is needed with a detailed print. The print must be dimensioned, preferably in inches.
- All prints are to be drawn on an 8 1/2-inch x 11-inch piece of white paper.
- All projects need to have an adviser’s signature on the print.
Shop Safety and Usage
- Safety glasses are to be worn at all times while in the shop
- Any tools removed from the shop must be approved by shop personnel. They must be signed out; there is a sign-out sheet in the main shop.
- Any items purchased through the shop (i.e., tubing, swage fittings) will be charged to the appropriate budget.
- After hours or weekend use of the shop is prohibited
Projects are constructed in the order they enter the shop. Preference is given to the ChE 480 undergraduate lab.